When you are proofreading your documents, be sure to minimize distractions. Consider these tips that will help improve your writing quality:
- Reduce noise or work in a quiet place.
- Turn off electronic devices that will buzz, beep, or vibrate.
- Choose instrumental music, so song lyrics do not distract you.
- Tell your roommates or family members that you will be proofreading.
- Silence your cell phone, and do not accept phone calls.
- Unplug the television set.
- Hire a babysitter if you have children.
- Ask a proofreading service like PaperBlazer to help!
Simple, right? Keep noise to a minimum, and your writing will improve.